- Ensure appropriate planning for the shift is carried out by reviewing reservation numbers and requests and assigning FOH staff to specific tasks and adjust shift hours according to business requirements.
- Provide for the efficient and effective management of the shift.
- Provide the FOH team with the skills and knowledge required to deliver service standards through the preparation and delivering of effective training sessions.
- Ensure the effective operation of the FOH team by monitoring individual performance, acknowledging achievements and recommending improvements.
- Lead a daily staff briefing at the start of each shift.
- Ensure FOH staff on shift maintain the company uniform, personal presentation, time keeping and restaurant process and policy requirements.
Floor and Restaurant Operations
- Oversee the appropriate preparation and presentation of each day’s operations of the FOH area by ensuring staff complete all tasks and setups in accordance with checklists relevant to the season.
- Resolve customer complaints and operational problems that are referred by staff by investigating the issues and negotiating/creating a satisfactory solution with the appropriate parties.
- Provide back-up and shift relief by carrying out the full range of tasks assigned to other FOH staff (refer position statements) to ensure service levels are maintained.
- Ensure an effective knowledge FOH operations is maintained by updating operation logs, shift reports, transferring all necessary information from shift to shift and conducting team briefings, meetings and training sessions.
- Ensure the FOH work area is clean and clear of hazards.
- Complete as necessary incident reporting on all major issues or occupational health and safety matters, major Guest complaints/issues and significant damage or breakages.
- Contribute to the development of operating policies and procedures by monitoring the effectiveness of existing FOH policies and procedures and recommending changes to improve team performance.
- Assist the FOH with planning for smooth event operations.
- Ensure reservation requests are answered accurately in a timely manner.
- Complete all required stocktakes, inventory checks and orders.
- Assist the FOH Manager with POS/Reservations systems updates and system maintenance.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- A sound working knowledge of HTM policies, operating procedures and service standards.
- Customer service skills and telephone manner to professionally and courteously respond to a culturally diverse range of customers.
- Ability to handle difficult queries and customers in a calm and positive manner.
- Cash & credit card handling and reconciliation skills for the accurately processing of cash float.
- Team management skills to effectively oversee the activities of the FOH team.
- Computer operating skills - Microsoft Office Suite
- Native level English or Japanese required. Bilingual in Japanese/English spoken desirable.
Employment Package Details
Employment Period: on going
Employment Status: Full time year round
Contract Value: ¥3,620,000 to ¥4,080,000
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan - An Dining (in Ki Niseko) or Kumo Restaurant(in Skye Niseko)
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (shift times vary by season and workload)
Starting Date: Before July 2022